MSc Digital Business, Innovation and Management
What people are saying:
Business school information
Our long-established Management School is a place of cutting edge knowledge, where academically-leading research is applied in the real world, positively impacting the lives of individuals, businesses and organisations, and society.
Whilst rankings only tell part of the story, our degrees nonetheless perform strongly across a broad range of different business school rankings. We are highly regarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, The Economist and more. And Lancaster University was awarded International University of the Year 2020 from The Times and Sunday Times.Our high student satisfaction and excellent reputation for research, demonstrates the quality of our offering, and the value for money offered by our programmes.
Lancaster University is ranked in the top 10 in three major UK league tables (2021), and highly ranked in international league tables.
- The Financial Times 2021, 2nd in the World for Corporate Strategy
- The Financial Times 2021, 8th in the World for Value for Money
- QS Business School Rankings 2021: Masters in Marketing 21st, Masters in Business Analytics 47th, Masters in Finance 49th, Masters in Management 55th
- FT 2020 Masters in Management;5th in the UK and 58th in the World
- The Economist 1st in the UK for Educational Experience
- The Economist 66th in the World
- THE World Rankings; 136th in the World
We are quadruple accredited by the AACSB, EQUIS, the Association of MBAs and the Small Business Charter.
Lancaster University achieved gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) ratings, the highest possible award.
Study in United Kingdom
- The United Kingdom is one of the world’s leading financial centers. Other sectors that contribute to the UK’s economy include manufacturing, services, construction, and tourism.
- There are 162 higher education institutions in the country, which are all held to strict standards by the government and feature strongly in world rankings. Each year, about 450,000 international students study in the UK.
- International students who have successfully completed an undergraduate or Master’s degree will be able to benefit from two years’ work experience in the UK upon graduation.
Digital technologies have changed how organisations are making business by enabling them to transform their activities and create innovative value propositions. This programme offers a range of opportunities to help you understand how to harness technology, manage its effects to gain competitive advantage, open up new business markets, and streamline core organisational processes.
You will be introduced to the ever-changing digital landscape, and learn how different technologies contribute to the new ways of thinking for digital businesses. You will benefit from hands-on experience of core technologies that underlie modern digital businesses, and you develop your knowledge in examining the role and impact of information and technology in contemporary organisations. You will also gain an in depth understanding of the distinctive challenges associated with management in a digital world.
The knowledge you will gain will provide you with the skills to assess the business ecosystems, analyse organisational cultures and behaviour, and understand their impact on the implementation of digital innovation within real-world business challenges.
In the final element of the Masters programme, your Dissertation project will be a chance to bring together and demonstrate all the learning you have acquired throughout the programme. The Dissertation project can take one of a number of formats - either a Consultancy Project, Research Dissertation, or Start Up Project (see Course Structure for more details).
Cultural fit profile
Access information to make a complex decision with confidence with matched MBA programs that offer you the best fit. The map on the right shows results on the six dimensions of our Cultural Fit Map.
In the Cultural Fit Map, each dimension is anchored by two diametrical poles. Neither end is good or bad. Relying on our unique scientific research, we can offer insight beyond metrics and facts — into the full MBA experience itself. Take our short survey and explore what life in a particular university is like.
* An upper second class honours degree or equivalent is required.
Cost of study and scholarships