- The University of Essex is a public research university in Essex, England. It was established in 1963, welcomed students in 1964, and acquired university status by royal charter in 1965. The university describes itself as “a bunch of risk-takers and opinion-makers, stereotype-breakers and world-shakers.”
- The university is a proponent of the ‘research-led’ teaching, where every Essex student has direct experience of being a researcher themselves, thus developing critical, analytic, and transferable skills. The University of Essex has students from more than 140 countries and a third of its students are from outside the UK - 12.8% are from the European Union and 21.5% are from overseas.
The Essex Executive MBA (Part-time)
Business school information
Study in United Kingdom
- The United Kingdom is one of the world’s leading financial centers. Other sectors that contribute to the UK’s economy include manufacturing, services, construction, and tourism.
- There are 162 higher education institutions in the country, which are all held to strict standards by the government and feature strongly in world rankings. Each year, about 450,000 international students study in the UK.
- International students who have successfully completed an undergraduate or Master’s degree will be able to benefit from two years’ work experience in the UK upon graduation.
The Essex MBA seeks to develop socially responsible entrepreneurs delivering sustainable business. Our students are talented, ambitious and full of energy. They possess an entrepreneurial spirit that we do our best to foster. Our MBAs aspire to achieve lasting positive change for themselves and those around them. We aim to inspire them to create the world they want to live in.
Our course is ideal for business professionals looking to challenge themselves to expand their knowledge and skills, and to advance their career. Part-time study gives you the flexibility to complete your Essex MBA alongside employment or running your own business. The part-time programme is available as a two year, three year or modular option.
You will study a broad range of business functions, which includes strategic marketing, sustainable operations, accounting and finance.
You will have the option to attend our Director’s Workshops, which run as one and two-day workshops at key stages of the programme. The sessions may include company visits, trips to business incubators and presentations from industry practitioners, as well as our specialist academics. The Director’s Workshops give you the opportunity to relate current business issues to content taught in your modules and develop your professional skills. Recent examples include sessions on personal branding, new business creation, business ethics, risk management, big data for small businesses, value proposition development and company visits to the likes of Adnams PLC, Cambridge Science Park and HSBC.
Your course begins with a week of activities to develop your networking, team work and adaptive thinking skills. It ends with a Capstone, where you choose to complete a dissertation, comprehensive business plan or consultancy project that can be tailored to your professional experience or goals.
Cultural fit profile
Access information to make a complex decision with confidence with matched MBA programs that offer you the best fit. The map on the right shows results on the six dimensions of our Cultural Fit Map.
In the Cultural Fit Map, each dimension is anchored by two diametrical poles. Neither end is good or bad. Relying on our unique scientific research, we can offer insight beyond metrics and facts — into the full MBA experience itself. Take our short survey and explore what life in a particular university is like.
* 2:2 degree.
* Up-to-date CV
Cost of study and scholarships
Scholarship up to:
What people are saying:
Write a comment