Bournemouth University is at the heart of the largest non-industrial conurbation in Europe. It is in a wonderful location sandwiched between the UK’s newest national park, best beaches and largest natural harbour. It is home to a major financial services sector (JP Morgan Chase, Nationwide Building Society and Liverpool Victoria among others) as well as having the largest concentration of language schools outside London and many national headquarters including the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and Sunseeker International.The university is a powerful player in the economic and cultural life of South West England. We are at the hub of a network of educational, business and local government partners and also played our part in the region’s preparations for the 2012 Olympics.
Business school information
Study in United Kingdom
- The United Kingdom is one of the world’s leading financial centers. Other sectors that contribute to the UK’s economy include manufacturing, services, construction, and tourism.
- There are 162 higher education institutions in the country, which are all held to strict standards by the government and feature strongly in world rankings. Each year, about 450,000 international students study in the UK.
- International students who have successfully completed an undergraduate or Master’s degree will be able to benefit from two years’ work experience in the UK upon graduation.
The Bournemouth MBA is designed to help you take your career to the next level. It will help you to operate as a global leader who understands the business ecosystem in an increasingly volatile environment, and is designed with the practical application of knowledge in mind. We work in an integrated, collaborative way, bringing together topics that are often taught in isolation at other universities to ensure you benefit from a holistic understanding of how organisations work.
How we do it:
* We’re committed to helping businesses develop in a sustainable, inclusive and responsible way, and that’s embedded into what we teach and how we teach it.
* There’s a clear focus on your professional development, along with the chance to develop future networks that can benefit your business and your career.
* You can choose to take an optional 30-week work placement if you are looking to gain work experience in the UK, or considering changing careers.
* We always have one eye firmly on the future, and have recently introduced a unit that specifically considers what work might look like in a heavily automated environment.
You will develop comprehensive knowledge and skills in business and management, and enhance your understanding of the people behaviour and attitudes, to become an effective, independent and credible leader. You will develop soft skills such as emotional intelligence and team working and adopt a responsible and inclusive leadership approach towards the creation of sustainable value for business and society. Your leadership and managerial skills will be enhanced through a series of master-classes, guest lectures from industry speakers, case studies and consultancy work with real business clients. There are also opportunities to attend professional meetings and conferences to work with staff on their research and in some cases to publish together as well.
What people are saying:
Write a comment